Your donation helps Hattiloo to continue offering great performances to the city of Memphis.
Thank you for your support!
NOW MORE THAN EVER
For 14 years Hattiloo has been a powerful voice for Memphis: part entertainer, part teacher; part historian, part visionary; and always a resource for Black artists. While these times of uncertainty and social unrest have made it challenging to operate, our mission has never been so important. Through financial hardships, our work continues.
Preparing for Tomorrow
We’ve adapted to serve the community while in-person engagement is limited.
- Free online programming in youth acting and technical theatre
- Free five-week playwright’s workshop
- Free Zoom panel discussions with national figures in Black theatre
Maintaining the Present
Our stages are dark, but building, business and administrative costs remain.
- Utilities, phones, internet, and office equipment
- HVAC, plumbing and grounds maintenance
- Insurance, staff salaries, taxes and benefits
- CPA, graphic artist
Investing in the Future
Our commitment to build the legacy of Black theatre has not wavered.
- Virtual workshops to hone actors’ skills
- Commissioning new plays with groundbreaking content about modern Black life in the Mid-South.
- Long-term succession planning
President, Laurelwood Shopping Center
Hattiloo has long been one of the leading cultural institutions in Memphis, and we are proud to support such a vital organization in our city’s diverse landscape.
Director of Global Community Impact for Nike
Nike supports Hattiloo because it is a good community investment for our employees who would otherwise not have the opportunity to be involved in community theatre.
Dr. Walter Rayford
Simply, I love to watch the actors and their professional development, selection of plays, excellent facilities, and leadership of organization. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching every play and spending an evening at Hattiloo always provides a wonderful and unforgettable evening.
Commodore & Emma Primous
We have thoroughly enjoyed the productions, seminars, etc. that we have experienced through our involvement with Hattiloo Theatre. The storytelling process, through a live performance, is truly exhilarating and relaxing.