Your donation helps Hattiloo to continue offering great performances to the city of Memphis.
Thank you for your support!
NOW MORE THAN EVER
For 14 years Hattiloo has been a powerful voice for Memphis: part entertainer, part teacher; part historian, part visionary; and always a resource for Black artists. While these times of uncertainty and social unrest have made it challenging to operate, our mission has never been so important. Through financial hardships, our work continues.
Preparing for Tomorrow
We’ve adapted to serve the community while in-person engagement is limited.
- Free online programming in youth acting and technical theatre
- Free five-week playwright’s workshop
- Free Zoom panel discussions with national figures in Black theatre
Maintaining the Present
While we’re open, it’s to a third of our regular capacity, and your donation helps us meet our administrative costs.
- Utilities, phones, internet, and office equipment
- HVAC, plumbing and grounds maintenance
- Insurance, staff salaries, taxes and benefits
- CPA, graphic artist
Investing in the Future
Our commitment to build the legacy of Black theatre has not wavered.
- Virtual workshops to hone actors’ skills
- Commissioning new plays with groundbreaking content about modern Black life in the Mid-South.
- Long-term succession planning
Hattiloo is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number SLFRP5534 awarded to the State of Tennessee by the U.S. Department of Treasury.